We're located at 18826 3rd Ave NW Shoreline, WA 98177Sign in to contact Calvin Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
Job at Calvin Presbyterian Church
Youth Ministry Intern
The Youth Ministry Intern will minister directly to middle school and high school students (currently fewer than 10 participants), and provide support for programs and events in youth ministries (6-12th grade), supporting Calvin Presbyterian Church’s vision of Forming Community, Transforming Lives, and Reforming Our World.
A) Transform Lives
• Build relationships with youth with the goal of understanding, sharing, and speaking into their faith journeys. • Provide creative, age-appropriate, and engaging opportunities and activities for spiritual formation and discipleship for youth. B) Form Community
• Attend and support leadership of Sunday post-service faith formation. • Assist in planning and leading worship and games for Wednesday night Youth Group meetings. C) Reform Our World
• Participate in and help lead intergenerational mission projects at least annually. D) Worship
• Attend Calvin’s worship services regularly. E) Support
• Maintain regular communication with parents/guardians of the youth, as well as volunteers, concerning programs, goals, resources, and schedules. • Attend biweekly meetings with Associate Pastor to have time for strategic planning, resource sharing, and theological reflection.
• Provide weekly discipleship content for youth on social media and/or via group text. • Pursue opportunities for professional growth in leadership of Youth Ministry. • Perform other duties as agreed upon and directed by the pastoral staff.
• Must show evidence of a living faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
• Must show evidence of a sense of calling and passion for youth ministry. • Must hold a theology and philosophy of ministry compatible with the Reformed tradition and with Calvin Presbyterian Church in particular.
10-15 hours/week (flexible hours)
Calvin Presbyterian Church
We are an intergenerational church located just north of the city of Seattle. The youth in our youth group are committed and kind, playful and community-minded, and they are wanting a youth leader who is loving, stable, spiritually wise, ...and knowledge of the Marvel Comic Universe and Star Wars would also be helpful!