I live in Austin Texas, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact John Young
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Non-denominational church
John Young's résuméLast updated
Rockhills Student Ministry San Antonio Tx.
Duration: 02/2020 - Current
Created a student ministry at Rockhills church for 6th grade through college age students.
Planned all of the events which included leading, training, and communicating with a team of volunteers to help run the ministry.
Invited students and helped them with any needs or questions they have.
Planned the retreats, prepared merchandise, fundraising events, and gave sermons at every event.
Wrote an outline for each event for leaders to give in small group times.
Helped train leaders and college students to lead small groups and events through Rockhills Student ministry
Crosstalk San Marcos Tx.
Duration: 08/2021 - Current
Intern with Crosstalk at Texas State University, a ministry of Cypress Creek Church
Lead community groups once a week as well as leading the men's community group once a week.
Lead outreach on campus every week where we go around inviting and meeting people to tell them about Jesus.
Book locations for the ministry each week and help set up and take down all of the equipment needed.
Disciple guys every week throughout the semester and I am discipled by the college pastor.
Delegate ideas in planning all of the retreats, including getting the food, help, and activities needed.
Participate in hosting the weekly podcast for the ministry.
Write community group outlines for all the groups and give a sermons as needed
Coordinate and lead campus ministry wide sports events.
Participate in weekly meetings with the college pastors and read and discuss books to help the team grow in their relationship with God.
CG Victory Kids Camp, Austin Tx.
Duration: 05/2021 - 08/2021
Lead middle school boy groups weekly over the summer through Christian sports camp as an intern.
Learned how to set up a lot of new tech that goes into ministry events such as music, lights, and air blowers.
Set up the big inflatables, obstacle courses, and many games.
Led the kids in many fun active games all week as a ref and coach.
Participated in skits and verse-of-the-day time.
Led small group times with the kids in learning the gospel.
● Lead a retreat for middle and high schoolers in the San Marcos/ Wimberley area. (February 2019, 2020, 2021) ● Volunteered at an orphanage in Acuna, Mexico. (November 2018, February 2019, May 2019, July 2019 September 2019, Nov 2019, February 2020) ● Student leader in my college ministry, Crosstalk. (2018-Current) ●Lead a highschool group on a mission trip in Medina Tx (June 2019) ●Lead students in a D-Now. (February 2019) ●Lead high schoolers in a camp in Waco Tx for a week. (June 2019) ● Participated on a team that planted water lines at a village in Honduras. (July 2019) ●Participated in a construction mission trip around the U.S called World Changer for a week. (July 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Texas State University, San Marcos, Tx Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies
- Writing, prepping, and giving sermon messages and series.
- Planning long term curriculum and goals.
- Leading and training students to become better disciples for Jesus and to lead using their skills.
- Playing and creating sports groups and communities.
- Gathering people together to make groups with similarities.
- Some construction abilities.
- Completed 7 years in ASL classes.
- Digital media (creating videos, marketing events, spreading vast information)
Getting married middle of June.
Graduated December 2022.