I live in Huntsville, AL, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Terrell Tarver
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Church of God in Christ church
Terrell Tarver's résuméLast updated
Faithful and experienced minister with a passion for children. Proven ability to lead and inspire young people, develop engaging and educational programs, and build strong relationships with families.
Youth Minister/ Sunday School Teacher
Truelight COGIC, Huntsville, Alabama
2022 – Present
• Led and developed a variety of youth programs, including Sunday school, youth group. o Led a Sunday school class of 20-30 students for 18 years.
o Developed and implemented a new curriculum for the youth group that focused on relevant issues our youth face today.
• Created engaging and educational lessons that were relevant to the interests of young people. o Used music, drama, and games to make lessons more engaging.
o Involved students in discussions and activities to help them learn and grow.
o Tailored lessons to the interests and needs of the students.
• Built strong relationships with youth and their families. o Made a point to get to know each student on a personal level.
o Attended sporting events, concerts, and other activities to support the students.
o Communicated regularly with parents to keep them informed of their child's progress.
• Led and developed a variety of children's programs, including Sunday school, vacation Bible school, and youth group. o Developed and implemented a new curriculum for vacation Bible school that focused on biblical stories.
o Organized and led multiple youth groups for children ages 10-18.
Youth Pastor and Assistant Pastor
New Frazier Temple, Augusta, GA
• Created engaging and educational lessons that were relevant to the interests of young people. o Developed a curriculum that incorporated music, drama, and other creative elements to keep children engaged.
o Used current events and pop culture to make lessons relevant to the interests of young people.
o Incorporated hands-on activities and projects to help children learn by doing.
o Regularly assessed student learning to ensure that lessons were meeting their needs.
• Built strong relationships with families and volunteers. o Held regular meetings with families to get their input on children's ministry programs.
o Created opportunities for volunteers to get involved in children's ministry programs.
o Recognized and appreciated the contributions of families and volunteers.
• Provided administrative support to the pastor. o Answered phone calls and emails.
o Scheduled appointments.
o Prepared reports.
o Managed the pastor's calendar.
• Led and organized worship services. o Selected and prepared music for worship services.
o Led congregational singing.
o Gave announcements.
o Prayed with the congregation.
• Preached and taught Bible Study and Sunday School lessons. o Prepared and delivered sermons.
o Served as youth revivalist.
o Taught Sunday school lessons.
o Led Bible studies.
o Engaged in theological discussion.
• Visited and prayed with members of the congregation. o Visited members of the congregation who were sick or homebound.
o Prayed with members of the congregation who were going through difficult times.
o Offered emotional support to members of the congregation.
Bachelor of Science in Leadership Management, Trident University, Cypress CA.
• Doctoral of Philosophy Christian Leadership and Business, CORE Kingdom University, Pembroke Pines FLA.
Certifications and Training:
• Certified Suicide Prevention safeTalk Instructor Certification (Living Works) • Certified ASIST T4T Instructor Certification (Living Works) • Certified DiSC Facilitator (Wiley Everything Disc) • Graduate of Defense Civilian Leader Program • Leader as Coach • Primary Leadership Basic Course • Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course • Leadership for Today’s Leader • Leading Four Generations in the Workplace • Exploring Leadership • Clear and Concise Email and Business Writing • Communication with Tact, Diplomacy, and Professionalism • Leader as Coach • Leading a Diverse Team
• Leadership: Obtain the ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve a common goal. • Communication: Use my ability to communicate with others clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. • Teamwork: Effectively use this skill to work effectively with others to achieve a common goal. • Problem Solving: Can identify and solve problems in a timely and effective manner. • Planning and Organizing: Developed and implemented plans and organize resources in a way that ensures success. • Curriculum Development: On multiple occasions developed and implemented curriculum that is engaging, educational, and relevant to the needs of students. • Mentoring: Always stand ready to provide guidance and support to others, helping them to achieve their goals.
• I am a member of Truelight COGIC and have been actively involved in the youth ministry for the past 10 months. • Before moving to Huntsville, Alabama last year I was a member of New Frazier Temple COGIC for more than 19 years. • I have a passion for working with children and helping them grow in their faith. • I am organized, have strong communication skills, and am able to work well with others. • I have a background in leadership development, which I would be able to use in the children's ministry.